Sunday, May 18, 2008

Pensylvania to Utah














I am Originally from Irwin, Pa and lived most of my adult life in Harrisburg, Pa. The last 4 years I have lived in Ogden Utah. It's quite a big change. I'm used to rolling hills and a lot of green trees, Fantastic food and many places to go. Well, Utah has it's mountains but , by July most every thing starts to get brown. As for the food...ehh not the greatest. Pennsylvania has it's cheese steaks, Pizza, and it's Isaly's ham barbeque's. Utah is famous for it's green Jello, fry sauce (ketchup and mayo) yuck! I guess, it's because I'm not from here. When I lived in Utah years ago when I met my wife, there was several restaurants I liked, but they are no longer here.
When I lived back east I loved to go to city Island and walk around just like going to point state park in Pittsburgh. We have the dinosaur park near the river (which back east it's a creek). It, however it is not the same. Fortunately I have a couple really good friends I hang out with. The upside to this is I feel the people are friendlier than back east. At least I don't get stabbed in the back every 5 minutes.

3 comments:

Merlin T Wizard said...

The eastern mind is anything but kind. They also drive like a bunch of crazy people. Ask my husband I have adopted the crazy persona

Huffy said...

Yes you know about that.. run over any pedestrians? I'm more relaxed here. However I miss the food. i love seafood. Good to talk to Mrs Wizard. keep him in line.

Merlin T Wizard said...

That's funny, Stacy usually comments under her own name. She must have not noticed that I was logged in.

I agree with the eastern-mindframe. I also agree with the points about Utah. The mountains are beautiful, but everything is brown. We love the green here in VA.