Monday, May 5, 2008

Wonderfull Customers

Well, I work for a major Internet company and I get all kinds of strange calls. Today I had a lady call and said shes 67 years old and doesn't know the computer very well. She ask if I could help her with a particular site and how to use it and how much it cost. I said " Sure, whats the name of the site? " She proceeded to tell me she would like to find some friends to talk to her age in the area and would like to know about " Adult friend finders.com" I was a little shocked at her request!!!! I advised her that it was not our site and that I don't think that was what she was looking for ( I didn't think she knew it was a VERY ADULT SITE ) I gave her a few different web sites to try. She told me that she would like to look at the web site. Before I could tell her NO! I heard the echoing click of the mouse. The first thing she said was......"OH MY! I put the phone on mute and laughed hysterically! She said she didn't know it was about THAT!
I have now come to the conclusion that any one purchasing a computer should get a licence just like a drivers licence....jeez. well that was my exciting day. How was yours

5 comments:

Merlin T Wizard said...

I really do feel for you. Having spent 3 years in the trenches of AOL's technical support call center, I've experienced quite a few of those unlicensed operators. I agree, people should be required to license before getting online. But hey, I think people should be required to license before they have kids, so what does that say about me?

Huffy said...

I have allways said that about having kids too. I guess you and I are unlicenced fathers. I'm glad I didnt do tech support. Working for Teleperformance sucks because if somethings broke..they ignore it..like computers, the plumbing. I need a new job

Merlin T Wizard said...

Yeah, it sounds like it. The problem is that the skills you have earned at Teleperformance really don't translate anywhere besides somewhere else in the service industry. Time to branch out and do something that doesn't involve listening to strangers' problems.

Huffy said...

I know the service industry sucks. I only did it for the money. The money part is over and done with now, so its time to move on. I was a finance manager for cars, mortgages ect how ever thats in the dumps now too. I migh tgo back to school for something medical.. see if its not to late to ad to the degree...huh

Merlin T Wizard said...

I know what you mean. It would take a lot to get me back into a job like that. I should be finishing up my BS in Information Technology near the end of this year. I don't know if it's going to get me anywhere new, but it will be a good feeling to have it done.